Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 2012-05-07 02:39:59

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Naming Changes

With FG harder to come by can the 43 Fair gold price be removed for changing names on the ponies. We no longer need the gold drain with the change in the economy & it seems to be quite high considering there is about 100 FG earned daily by players. - Done

Can the name the pony at purchase be optional since sometimes we cannot think of a name instantly at purchase & then to pay to change it later is not that fair to players, it's like a forced sale. - Scroll down & read to find out how to make this optional

Dernière modification par brokenstar9 (2012-05-12 03:16:27)

My mod voice is Turquoise, stone hard and mystical.

Have a question
Read the Common Player Questions for the fastest answer.

#2 2012-05-08 01:50:25

snortmort
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Re: Naming Changes

I second this idea - I especially hate that you can't actually SEE your pony when you're trying to name it. It would be nice to be able to name them later instead of immediately, and to be able to change the names without breaking the bank.

#3 2012-05-08 02:54:42

mmq123
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Yes yes yes I agree. I like to wait a while before I name a pony or sometimes I don't name at all :)

#4 2012-05-08 18:22:17

winforgold
fiche Eleveur
Membre

That would be nice. I like to think about the name first and if I could see the lineage it would be even better since I sometimes use a name that refers to the parentage of the pony.

#5 2012-05-08 20:24:15

jdmoore
fiche Eleveur
Banni

After I bought a pony I just closed the BM without naming it.  Then I went to my barn and was able to name her there.  I did not have to name here right when I bought her I was able to wait until later.

#6 2012-05-09 02:50:00

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Thanks JD.

I'm still hoping to loose the 43 FG cost on naming though because that is about 1/4 or more of our daily gold.

Have a question

#7 2012-05-09 20:20:12

felidaes
fiche Eleveur
Membre
Site web

snortmort a écrit:

I second this idea - I especially hate that you can't actually SEE your pony when you're trying to name it. It would be nice to be able to name them later instead of immediately, and to be able to change the names without breaking the bank.

If you're talking about naming after buying your pony in the BG, you don't have to name it then and there. If you shut the BG window and open your barn, you can select the pony in question and name it then instead of blindly naming it.

#8 2012-05-12 03:15:59

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Yay, the cost to change names has been removed. Excellent & thank you.

Have a question

#9 2012-05-12 11:48:25

dodec1
fiche Eleveur
Membre

brokenstar9 a écrit:

Yay, the cost to change names has been removed.

This is really great :D I have some unnamed ponies migrated from V1 and now I'll find nice names for them, undoubtedly :3
Thank you!

#10 2012-05-21 12:47:03

mischiefmker
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I'm still getting a 20 gold price if I want to change names.  If this has truely been made free then there are still some glitches in the system.

#11 2012-05-21 23:56:56

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Previous posts to this topics are dated May 12 & at that time the rename was free when I tried it. It does seem that the ponies now have a 20 gold charge which was much better than the original 43.

If it is still too high, feel free to post your opinions & suggestions for something that works better in game.

Have a question

#12 2012-06-04 20:22:07

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Well, I am definitely feeling the name change price is too high. 20 feez is 1/5 of your daily gold, which means I can only rename 5 ponies a day. I really think it should be 0 or 1-2 gold at max. Naming the ponies doesn't harm anything in game & sometimes I name ponies to explain what they are or what plans for them are... (matched to xxxx) or (breed for blue)... that will only be a temporary name.

With the change I still have tons of ponies to rename with the marriage switch of ponies that have their old mate matched to them. I haven't kept their previous wife because of the switch to the color system. SO, i definitely want to be able to correct their names without going broke, but I also want to be able to switch their name any time for helpful info without going broke too.

Have a question

#13 2012-09-30 03:31:09

saltcat
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I don't quite understand why we have to pay to rename a pony, anyway?  I bought a new pony today and named her Reina, planning to give her some of my left over Reigndeer traits from last Christmas.  When I opened the barn, I discovered that the "R" in her name was an "E", making it "Eeina", and had to pay the 20 FG just to fix the one letter typeo.  While I was glad it wasn't more expensive, it still seems like a drain of FG to pay 20 just to fix a typeo.  May I suggest that if we must continue to pay FG to rename a pony, that we have a limited number of days or name changes before we must do so?  If I had renamed this pony three times for reasons other than a typeo, I could understand being charged, or had left her named "Eeina" for a month before catching the error, then, yes I could see where renaming her would be an inconvenience toward the game servers and either wouldn't mind paying the fee, or would just leave her name as it was, but right out of the gate like that seems a bit much.

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson
Traduction par punbb.fr