Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 2012-05-08 02:50:44

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Breeding limits

This thought just occurred to me. I'm not sure how the BM stocks. I thought it still takes what ponies we sell, & if so how does that effect breeding limits.

Each female pony can breed 20 times & each male 30. Does that limit refresh when we sell? Because if not I really think it would be important to see the Breeding ability when purchasing. It would not be fair to a buyer to pick up a pony that has 0 breeding available without them pre-knowing that is what they were spending a crown on.

In the long run, once we start selling our ponies past breeding points, it can really trip up new players. They spend all their money just to build herds, it wouldn't be fair if they were stuck with a bunch of ponies they cannot do anything to but decorate because nothing tells them otherwise. It'd kind of be setting people up for failure.

Dernière modification par brokenstar9 (2012-05-08 02:51:04)

My mod voice is Turquoise, stone hard and mystical.

Have a question
Read the Common Player Questions for the fastest answer.

#2 2012-05-08 03:01:23

mmq123
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Re: Breeding limits

I have to wonder why they even bothered to put breeding limits. I'm trying to be positive but this is one thing I honestly don't like. There is no 'look at the bright side' moment on this. Okay fine they put breeding limits, at least add something in the store that's cheap and will reset the limits. Maybe something in Feez. It would help both economy and us as players to have fun breeding.

#3 2012-05-08 03:14:55

romainwolf3
fiche Eleveur
Membre

You make a excellent point, if someone sells a pony that can no longer breed it should either reset itself upon entering the black market or have some sort of obvious mark so people know that its bred out and if that's the case hopefully there is a way to restore breeding ability.

I was wondering about this myself, I know the shop has something called a 'youth potion' but there is not description as to what it does.  I know the 'impatience potion' will cause a baby to either be born or the baby to become an adult.  Maybe this other potion has the reverse effect and returns the pony to its youth where it has the 20 for mare 30 for stallion breeding ability.

In this new version it seems there is a set amount of ponies you can have, though its like 2,500 I think.  And I guess they are trying to keep it so you can only breed so many times in a week I think it is. I just know that there is only 5 slots for sending and getting requests at the alter of love.

#4 2012-05-08 03:26:22

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I think the breeding limits are a means to control the pony population & save the serves from being overloaded with tons of ponies people don't really use. I have hundreds of ponies I've not found time to use, but want to keep in case eventually I will use them. Do, I really need to keep hording them, no. Because the chances of using them are very small, which makes them dead weight to the servers. Dead weight on serves fills them quickly & slows down the space needed to run the game... so it's killer in a way.

I agree the limits are very daunting, but the change is pretty new. Best thing we can do is keep prompting the Suggestions & feedback section for a change on this.

& the pony limit is different for everyone based on what amount they had at change over. Seems everyone gets about 200-250 more ponies than they had in V1 as a limit. I have no idea what the limit starts at for new accounts, but then amounts are always limited to money available.

Dernière modification par brokenstar9 (2012-05-08 03:29:11)

Have a question

#5 2012-05-08 03:36:18

1dolphin
fiche Eleveur
Membre

You make an excellent point I kinda assumed (once I found out about the breeding limit) it would be reset when sold but in this day and age you can't assume anything. The other concern with breeding limits is that other players may hesitate to accept breeding requests from other players now that there is a limit on the number of times a stallion can breed.

Dernière modification par 1dolphin (2012-05-08 03:36:52)

#6 2012-05-08 03:45:45

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Maybe a little to their more favorite stallions. I will probably keep all breedings with my starter now until I understand the breeding abilities more fully, but with 30 times to breed a stallion to every 20 of a mare does give a little bit incentive to let some breedings go out to others if asked for.

Have a question

#7 2012-05-08 17:18:38

romainwolf3
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I still have my suspicions about that 'youth potion' since as far as I know the ponies still don't 'die'.  Since I have ones that are fairly old and when they migrated to the new server all the adults had the same breeding limit.

I think that is a point in trying to limit it to 5 in and out rule, which I figure probably resets every week to try and make sure we don't have dead weight ponies that no one wants. Since there are a fair number of people using the site all around the world and I'd rather not see what happened to version 1 happen here.

#8 2012-05-08 22:33:36

mmq123
fiche Eleveur
Membre

So what if all our ponies have been done breeding as in their limit was topped? What are we supposed to do then? I know the game only just started and we should wait a while before jumping to conclusions but one has to wonder...Catitiz_PDT_04

#9 2012-05-08 23:01:38

felidaes
fiche Eleveur
Membre
Site web

mmq123 a écrit:

So what if all our ponies have been done breeding as in their limit was topped? What are we supposed to do then? I know the game only just started and we should wait a while before jumping to conclusions but one has to wonder...Catitiz_PDT_04

Wouldn't that mean you had more babies that you grow up and have breeding limits of their own? That doesn't answer what we do with the ponys who have already hit their breeding limit, but... yeah...

#10 2012-05-09 02:27:43

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I think it would be up to the player what they do with the ponies maxed for breeding. We can still keep them for decorating & stuff. Or as I'm trying to point out in the first post, some will be release because the player no longer needs them. Which I think sends them to the BM for others to buy or have them eventually "go traveling" if no one buys them.

Thing is a point will come where there are many to find on the BM if they go there. We really need to know what we are purchasing before we make that buy. Otherwise we will be spending our money getting things we cannot use.

Have a question

#11 2012-05-09 05:43:50

mlpproject
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Maybe I'm wrong, but, unless a lot of players have been selling their adult and baby ponies lately, I don't think the Black Market is being supplied by players' ponies.  As it is, we can't sell them to the BM, only release them into the wild.  There are copious amounts of ponies on the BM, and I think the game is producing them.

Consequently, ponies with no more breeding limits is a moot point.

#12 2012-05-09 06:26:18

kaulitztwin
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I like to breed for inheritance, more so now with the glitches gone and I would like to keep my ponies the way they look so my suggestion is to limits on the breeding. I also want to be able to breed more than 10 a week.

At this point I log in to feed and brush my ponies, to the quest for the day which in total takes about 1 minute. Is there anything else we can do at this point? Traiting besides.

#13 2012-05-10 16:13:58

siberia101
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I don't think the breeding limit has anything to do with keeping the amount of ponies on the black market down because they have over 3000 pages, so there must be another reason. What does happen to our ponies when we release them, because I don't think they go on the black market.

#14 2012-05-10 16:21:40

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

This is direct from the tutorial we all did.

Visit the Green Pasture Land: You’ve just acquired a Flower Crown that will allow you to adopt one of the ponies gambling around the Green Pastureland. Green Pastureland is where ponies go when they leave a farm. They stay there some time before they leave to go and travel around the valley seeking adventure.

That so many are there now is because the V1 ponies that where in the market probably carried over & they stay longer so we are not seeing them gone after roll over. They will go away eventually though & give just a few ponies to the BM unless we add more. SO, players are still supplying the BM, we just don't have to supply it daily.

Have a question

#15 2012-05-10 16:24:58

siberia101
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Oh OK I never thought about that!

#16 2012-05-23 05:23:12

saltcat
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Maybe it's because of the limits, but I had expectant ponies in both my herds before transfering, and then once my accounts were ported, those expecting ponies were no longer expecting.  I've heard people say that some marriages didn't transfer properly, either.  What I want to know is if there's no way to refresh the breeding limit on a mare or stallion, then what's the point in allowing marriages?  The stallion will still have 10 breeding points left when his mate has run out.  I never really played with the marriages on V1, myself, the one time I did, the other player left and thus I was left with a mare I had wanted to breed and couldn't, now that we're allowed to marry them in our own herds, I jumped on the chance to do so with a couple of my celestials, as I'm still trying to open their section on the BM.  After reading this thread, though, I'm wondering if it was a good idea?  I guess time will tell.

#17 2012-05-23 05:52:46

brokenstar9
fiche Eleveur
Membre

pairs can be divorced at any time to allow them to breed to others or continue to breed past one's breeding limit. I recommend divorcing those you change your mind about the marriage now because for a short time it is not cost FG to change them. How long this will last is not know yet.

I'm sure the male ponies were give more breeding points to help encourage players to share a few breedings with other players. If they were the same as a female, then it would be more likely that a person saved all the breeding options to the mare(s) they normally breed it to.

Have a question

#18 2012-05-24 04:19:19

saltcat
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Oh, ok.

#19 2015-03-14 16:04:02

missmelots
fiche Eleveur
Membre

the mares have more chances to breed than stallions because in us humans even, women stop getting babies at about 50 or so whereas the men can bear children all throughout his life. i think this is what the game is trying to tell us even though it is a kids game. (im 15 by the way)
and so sorry if this comment is out of topic.

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson
Traduction par punbb.fr